Getting the medical care you need has never been more convenient.
Virtual Care from Cypress at Home allows you to schedule an appointment with our physician or nurse practitioner for non-urgent medical needs while at home or on the go. Use your smart phone, tablet or laptop to meet with the care team, get a diagnosis, treatment plan and even a prescription if needed.
*This service is for minor medical needs only.
For emergencies, please call 911.
How It Works
1. Schedule an appointment
2. PROVIDE US WITH A FEW DETAILS AND CONFIRM THE TIME OF YOUR VISIT
3. DOWNLOAD THE MICROSOFT TEAMS APP ON YOUR DEVICE
4. JOIN YOUR VIRTUAL VISIT 10 MINUTES PRIOR TO YOUR APPOINTMENT TIME
5. CONNECT WITH CYPRESS AT HOME VIA VIDEO
What to Expect During a Visit
During your virtual care visit, you will meet with one of Cypress at Homes’ physicians or nurse practitioners. Virtual visits are secure and your privacy is assured. We treat adults 55 years and older and clients are more than welcome to have a loved one or caregiver present during the visit.
During your visit you will receive:
- An examination, diagnosis and treatment recommendations from a Cypress at Home provider
- An after-visit summary containing a care plan and any follow-up instructions, including referrals for a specialist visit or diagnostic imaging
- The option to have us ask your primary care physician to contact you about your visit
- Prescriptions, if necessary, sent to the pharmacy of your choice
- Help scheduling an in-person appointment if needed
What Can Be Treated
Virtual care is not intended to replace a visit to your doctor for routine healthcare needs such as an annual physical. This service is intended to support your care when the doctor’s office is closed or in between appointments for urgent needs. A referral is not needed to see a virtual care provider.
Our virtual care providers treat a variety of minor concerns and complaints.
Common conditions we treat include:
Back Pain (minor)
Cuts & Bruises
Hypertension (with a home blood pressure cuff)
Upper Respitory Illness (mild)
Urinary Tract Infection
What Can NOT Be Treated
More serious conditions require an in-person visit with a doctor.
Such conditions include:
Acute vision changes
Acute difficulty breathing
Behavioral and mental health issues
Blood in the stool
Complications of cancer treatment
Coughing up blood, or hemoptys
Sickle cell disease
Pricing & Payment
regardless of the duration or outcome.
We don’t want you to fret over payment to see a provider when you’re not feeling well, so after your appointment is over we’ll e-mail you a copy of your statement with instructions for making a payment online.
Currently, Cypress at Home Virtual Care is a private-pay service. We’re continuing to look at alternative payer models, including Medicare to cover the cost of a virtual care visit. Check back here often for updates about additional payers that we’re partnering with.